Annual Corporate Statement of Information

Annual Corporate Statement of InformationAn annual corporate Statement of Information filing is required for all corporations. Your entity is required to file the form whether you are formed in California or registered to do business. A Statement of Information will update the Secretary of State of the changes to your business. It can be changes like updating new officers, directors, or even your new business address.

Annual Corporate Statement of Information Filing

California corporations are required to file a Statement of Information annually. It is due in the same month your business is incorporated in. For example, if your business was formed in August, the Statement of Information filing would be due every year in August. Corporations may file the form over the counter, by mail, or online.

Please make note that the first Statement of Information filing is due within 90 days of forming filing the Articles of Incorporation. All Statements of Information must be filed when it is due even if there has been no changes to the entity. The Secretary of State requires that you confirm the current information filed is still correct. Failure to file your annual corporate Statement of Information on time may result in a $250 fine and a suspended status.

Below is a list of information that can be updated through filing the Statement of Information form:

  • Principal Executing Office
  • Mailing Address
  • Officers
    • Chief Executing Officer
    • Secretary
    • Chief Financial Officer
  • Directors
  • Agent for Service of Process
  • Type of Business

Annual corporate Statements of Information do NOT amend the following information:

  • Corporate Name – Corporate names can be changed through filing a Certificate of Amendment.
  • Number of Shares – Number of shares authorized to issue may also be changed through filing a Certificate of Amendment.
  • Incorporators – Incorporators can not be amended.

Let DBS help you get started on your filings! Please call (916) 480-1225 or click here to have one of our agents contact you!